Friday, April 17, 2020

Happy Birthday To Me


Today is my birthday and I've had a great day thus far! 😂  I want to tell you all about it but first I have a confession to make; "great" for me today is not the same as "great" ten years ago. Now that we are clear I will tell you about my great day.

So I slept in today! I woke up at 0730 by my family (singing to me); it was wonderful and they were even extra cautious about waking up the baby so as not to ruin my day. Then I read all of their wonderful self-made cards (thanks to #coronavirus). I was surprised by the note from my son as it read "You are the best mama I have ever had!" You can imagine my confusion as I read it aloud again just to be sure especially since I just woke up.  Then I asked him if he recalled a different life with another mama as I was sure I pushed the whole of his 10 + pounds body out by myself 😕. The children just chuckled.

Then my first daughter (a bit of a show off at times) told me that her birthday gift to me was that I don't have to deal with her school work today as she completed all of today's assignments yesterday; I was so excited and so naturally I turned to look at my son and... well let's just say he had other gift options in mind and I had to deal with his assignments today. Although, I'm not sure that her gift was just for me as she has stayed mostly in her room all day. It could be that she also wanted a day off and new that the only way to get it was to get ahead of her assignments.

Then my toddler woke up at her usual time and she has no clue that it is my special day and so she says "change diaper and then eat! eat!" then utters "good morning mama!" so I naturally greeted her back, got her changed and dressed and we went downstairs while I multi-tasked between making breakfast, sorting out home work assignments, phone calls, social media birthday greetings, text messages etc I got to sing and dance to baby shark with baby girl, and practiced her numbers and then allowed them to run around screaming without a care in the world. I dared my neighbors to knock on my door as I already had my rehearsed answer, "Hi! It is my birthday today and I would like to be unbothered for once." Shhh now the baby is taking a nap and I have some space to share with you about my day. I will spend some time on my mat and when she wakes up, we will likely all take a walk, obviously with maintaining social distance. And face time my brother whom I share a birthday with (he is not a twin, but we are of the same parents.)

The humor in this is that even if there aren't the safety precautions in regards to coronavirus, my special day would have likely been the same and plus or minus an evening date at a family friendly restaurant. I would have expected a lot more attention from my husband lol but I'm content as everything I expected from myself ten years ago I have accomplished it and more.  For example, I had not asked for the third child and I was blessed with one 😆😆😆

No comments: