Friday, February 24, 2012

So Much Has Happened

Hubby left for deployment :(
This Picture Was Taken The Day He Left
He left in January and we've missed him so much.  He will be gone for 6 months and so since we knocked out our anniversary in December, I put something together us to celebrate all of our birthdays.


Our Attempt to get papa a cake picture- her face made me give up
Then my sister Chioma and I threw my sister a surprise bridal shower- which by the way was a lot of work to surprise her.  She loved it.


The Lady Makes Such yummy cakes

this was the winning toilet paper dress :)


very competitive and fun group- caught cheating lol
The shower was fun and my sisters spent the night, helped with the cleaning and disappeared while baby girl and I were at church.  Then I planned for Baby and I to go to Nigeria.  I debated it for so long and then hubby and I discussed it and purchased the ticket.  But after all the expenses and learning more I almost changed my mind.  It was very stressful and I packed for mostly her.  I am still lactating and hence couldn't take malaria prophylaxis and she couldn't either and so I packed long sleeves to avoid mosquitoes.  But when we got there it was so hot and sticky that I couldn't torture her.  Luckily my MIL lives on the top floor so they were easier to avoid.
Mmeso did so well on the plane ride, people hardly knew she was there, she was so happy like she knew she was going home to meet her family.
I didn't take her with me for my sister's traditional wedding.  There were too many people there and they would all want to hold her.
the sisters

the parents

Mr. & Mrs.
Mmeso met everyone in her papa's side and was so happy during the whole trip.

Mmeso dancing- she's good too lol

Grandpa blessing her and given her a proper welcome to the villa


The Cute Couple

Me & My in-laws


The Siblings

Siblings from both sides
We really had a short 10 day trip and then came home with M.I.L and I am now looking for full time employment and while I'm gone she helps watch Mmeso

Mmeso in the flight on her way back
We really thanked God almighty for journey mercies and such a joyous month for all of us.  Congrats to all the new bloggers who had a baby and who got married.  Hope your month has been awesome.

17 comments:

HoneyDame said...

Awwww...that's lot o!

Mmeso is soooo cute. I love the faces she makes in her pictures! So so cute...
totally off point question though, what tribe did your sister get married to?
I recently wrote a post about inter-tribal marriages here and will love your input in the comment section too.

Hope you find a nice job soonest.

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....
Keep the faith, your photographs are lovely and your baby girl is stunning.

Take care.....
stay blessed.
Rhapsody

http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix

Yankeenaijababe said...

your baby has grown so much, really lovely pictures...:=)

Natural Nigerian said...

Mmeso is so cute. I am glad that she enjoyed Nigeria. O be ya!

Myne said...

Your baby looks like a happy baby, always laughing and cooing, I love that. I didn't know your hubby was in the military, he'll be home soon by God's grace.

All the best with the job search.

Nenyenwa said...

@Honeydame thanks. Igbo. I will take a look
@Rhapsody B. yankeenaijababe natural nigerian thanks x3
@Myne thanks and yes hubby has been active duty navy for 14 years; Amen!

ayabaodusote said...

Mmeso is so beautiful and growing and the bride looks like you.

Take care

Mrs. K said...

I love this post. I cannot wait to meet your baby girl. She seems like she's a lot of fun (like her mommy). And you look great girl! BTW it was so great talking with you the other night. THanks for all the encouragement :)

Toinlicious said...

Looks like you ha an amazing time. I love all the pictures. Weddings always make me happy :-)

Nenyenwa said...

@ayabaodusote thanks and yes she is my sister
@ Mrs. K I can't wait either especially for the children to meet themselves. Thanks for the compliment and you are welcome anytime!
@Toinlicious I agree and we did have a lot of fun.

Gbemisoke said...

She's all kinds of cute :o)
Smiles and all.

Here's praying your husband comes back safe. Thank you for the sacrifices you all make to keep us safe.

God bless and keep you.

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

Yay for baby girl going to Nigeria and coming back without any problems!!! Also prayers headed your families way for your hubby to stay safe and sound during his deployment!

Nenyenwa said...

@Gbemisoke and Amy thanks so much

Okeoghene said...

Mmeso silly faces are so cute

Nenyenwa said...

@okeoghene :)

Daughter of Her King said...

first time here...

awww she is sooo adorable...

Nenyenwa said...

thank you and welcome daughter of her king