Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!

As a child, I used to look forward to being Mary in the school play or the narrator that gets to recite (from memory) the story of the birth of Christ.  I think the excitement of Christmas turns me into a Christmaszilla (like Bridezilla) lol.  I can't help it, there is just no excuse that works for me to not be with your family on Christmas day.  I usually start weeks before Christmas getting hipped up about how beautiful everything is and complaining of the crowds in the shopping centers.  On Christmas Eve, I either attend mass, or recall the awesome memories of past Christmas or we pray and also wrapping presents and cooking in case people stop by on Christmas day.

Apple Cider, Abacha, Jollof rice, baked hen

sweet potato, plantain, moi-moi, garlic potato

cinnabon, beans plantain, porridge yam, ukwa



I cooked a lot since my husband always has a Christmas menu (it was something he started during the 3 years I lived out of state for residency).  Hubby felt like since he didn't get to enjoy his wife's cooking daily then I get to make up for it during the holidays.  The good thing about it is that we work together and really most of the time we gist and hence cooking goes very fast.  Well I actually didn't expect the menu this year since we now live together but...  The menu showed up :) it was presented so sweet that umm well I will be gone for 6 months and I will be eating  the crappy ship food and so on I felt he deserved it especially since I stressed him out on how he didn't put up enough lights for baby girl (who loves lights).

Though it was not as stressful as baby girl's baptism, I Hope there will be no Christmas menu for next year.
On Christmas night I secretly placed some threats and some small items in hubby and baby girl's stockings, and on Christmas morning I made them some home made cinnamon bun and we opened presents.

Baby girl just ate the wrappers she didn't really care for the gifts; hubby got some men jewelry that he loved (yes hubby loves jewelry) and I got the kindle fire (I love to read).
After Church
A couple of people stopped by since they know I always have food in my house and we enjoyed the company.  Then we spent the rest of the evening watching movies with my husband and we reflected on the gift of Christ and how it changed the lives of Christians all over the world forever.  We said a long prayer and gave each other a warm kiss goodnight.
Christmas is a wonderful time and it is not just one day for me.  I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Merry Christmas from my family to yours.

7 comments:

Chichi said...

What a great feast you guys had! Also loving your family Christmas card.

HoneyDame said...

Mery Xmas in arrears...Your daughter is just absolutely gorge!!! Maka Y!

Okeoghene said...

Merry Christmas to you and a wonderful 2012. I love the family Christmas card. Your daughter is adorable

ayabaodusote said...

Season's Greetings and a happy new year. Lovely food

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Your daughter is totally scrumptious.
xxxx

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

I LOVE your Christmas card. Baby girl is so cute!

Nenyenwa said...

@ChiChi I agree and thanks :)
@HoneyDame the same to you and family; thanks
@Okeoghene thanks
@ayabaodusote thanks
@NIL thank u
@Amy thank u