Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Stupendous Pick Up Lines on Facebook/ blog break


A few months ago, Hubby temporarily changed his facebook profile picture to the one you are looking at and in a few days he receives a facebook message that he found very irritating and disrespectful. The message was from a Nigerian dude named... umm .... so that we do not embarrass the poor guy let's call him "Boo Boo The Fool" well anyways below is his message to my husband (exactly as written)-

sweety
baby u are 2 hot with u by me l will just work and come back home thats no more club if not with u for who have u should not look other girls out thier for u are ok toosexy baby,just add me lest complet it as soon as l am back home if u are single and wishes so just add me and lest go on enyway l am in ltaly.

In Boo Boo The Fool's defense, I thought he forgot to check out the name on the profile or maybe he didn't pay attention to the sex and though I tried to explain my theory to my husband he found it genuinely disrespectful.  
Hubby shared with me how he forgot that he changed his profile picture and thought that the guy was hitting on him at first.  And although he came to the realization that it wasn't the case, he was very irritated that Boo Boo The Fool tried to hit on his wife.  So of course I laughed it off thinking that was the end of it.  
Until another day, hubby tells me to go on his facebook to read a message that someone sent to me through him and after reading the message, I find this other hilarious message- it is a reply from hubby to Boo Boo The Fool:


You are very stupid to write this nonsense. Your bad writing has already explained your iiitracy. You should be ashamed for talking to somebody's wife'. Since you did not go to school and you could not read, check the names and identify who is male or female.


And normally I would be flattered by Boo Boo The Fool's message but not this time. Partly because it seemed like Boo Boo The Fool dropped out of That School For Stupendous Pick Up Lines and not only that he sounded like he could use 2 or more classes in English writing as hubby pointed out in his message.   


But seriously guys and ladies who some how find themselves writing silly lines to people on facebook just stop it!  


On another note, I'm taking a blog break- I need to get on study mode since I plan to sit for my Family Medicine Boards in a few weeks plus I also need to get serious about job haunting :( I'll see you guys soon- miss you guys already.

9 comments:

P.E.T. Projects said...

People never learn... the ills of facebook tends to outweigh the benefits these days!

9jaFOODie said...

Hahahah.... that is facebook for you my dear. Happy your Hubby replied him :d

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

This Facebook has become something else....*sigh*

Good luck with your exams/ job hunting
xxxx

IntheMidstofher said...

Hey! I found your blog through blog trolling on others. Best of luck with the Fam med boards, I am currently a 2nd yr fam med resident studying for my step 3. Can you say hectic?!
Ps... Your husband's response is hilarious!

Unknown said...

LOL! But sweety he is in ITALY! LOL! Aren't you tempted yet?

Okeoghene said...

Facebook and its wahala. All the best with your exams

Stella Kodi said...

I get so irritated with such messages...it's just not the way to approach anyone.

But Good luck on the studies and all...

Toinlicious said...

lmao. Pls tell them o. I did a post about my epic toasters on fb. All the best with ur exams

stumbled on ur blog from ladyngo's and now following

Nenyenwa said...

@ everyone- thanks for the comments and well wishes @ In the midst of her thanks for stopping by and good luck with steps 3; @Oops lol not at all; and thanks for stopping by Toinlicious