Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Me


I am Princess Chinenyenwa Ogechukwu Immaculata. Everyone calls me something different so feel free. I hail from Umuokpala Etiti-Enuiyi Ifiteora-Nawgu, Dunukofia L.G.A., Anambra State. I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. At the age of 14, I moved with my family to the US in September 1998. I have a B.S. in Chemistry and I will have my Medical Doctorate Degree in three months. In December 2003, I met my husband; it was a week before my graduation from the University. We married traditionally in December, 29 2007. My marital home is Umuodukwu Umuchoke Umuorlu-Isu, Nwangele L.G.A., Imo State. We will complete our religious marital rites in March 29, 2008.
I wish the story of my life, is as simple as I made it seem. :) Some have said Chichi, you can write a book about your life. I do not intend to do just that, but I will write as I remember past events, as well as current events. Therefore, sometimes my postings will be current events and other times, I may take you way back. Hopefully you will enjoy reading.
I am a reader and not a writer. I am the type that is always smiling regardless of my mood. I am also the type that puts away my feelings so that I can be there for my friend. I am a princess only in my village but yet a servant everywhere else. I have lived on both sides of the world, hence a victim of two different perspectives.
My parents brought five of us into the world. I am the second child of three girls and two boys, and I am neither the first nor the last girl. I am very forgiven, and very rarely am I loud, hence people tend to take advantage. I am loved by many and disliked by a few. My strength and weakness is honesty.
The simple things tend to make me happy, so don't work too hard trying to impress me. Many people will say Chichi is "always" happy, but those who know me well will say correctly, Chichi is "mostly" happy. Some say I'm secretive, I say I'm reserved and slow to trust. My life is very unpredictable to me and to those who surround me. At times, it is sweet and at times it is bitter. Hence, the title of this blog the sweet bitter life of an Igbo Princess.

No comments: