Thursday, March 20, 2008

I can't sleep

It is 1:58 am on March 20,2008. I should be in bed by now but my mind is racing and I cannot sleep. It is 9 more days to our holy matrimony, and there are still things left to do. I have my research paper due last week, and it is still undone. Yesterday, was Chioma's bday and I almost forgot to call her. Uchenna and Olisa had a performance today at the Reitz union and I missed the whole show. Can you sense my tiredness? Today is a big day though, I find out where I matched for residency. I am a little nervous not about finding out but about me and my husband's first year as residents. I hope we score as high as we did in medical school or even higher. I hope we support each other 24/7, I pray for understanding and a long lasting marriage. I pray that I never become one of those statistics. I love my husband, and he means the world to me even if at times I don't think he realizes how much he means to me. I will go make myself go to sleep, good night....today is neither sweet or bitter, it is just sour...but it is still yet another episode of the sweet bitter life of an igbo princess.

No comments: