Sunday, September 22, 2013

Girlfriends

This weekend was our yearly girlfriend trip and it was a blast in its on way. It is a trip with my close friends from medical school. AB (pediatrician), KW (gen surgeon), TW(obgyn) and me (fam medicine). You may go back to this post - http://thesweetbitterlifeofanigboprincess.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-york.html  For the first few years our meeting spot had always been in New York. It was fast paced, so much to see and do and it fit our lifestyle at the time. Then when I was pregnant with my daughter we met in Kansas (where I did my residency); then the following year it was in Orlando, fl because I was still nursing my daughter. Now this year it was again in Florida (since i am still nursing my son). We laughed as to how much the trip had changed. First of all, we have two children (mine of course) and because we had to worry about them we had to secure a nanny, and limit the places we would go but somehow we managed to have a good time. They got to see how I live and how i balance my many roles, at the end of the trip they wondered who took care of me. Who knows?
I enjoyed the time with them and I appreciate their willingness to make it work. Though i had to break away a few times to nurse my son it did not ruin the trip.
We take a face picture every year in the same position and we plan to do it every year for another 50 + years. I love these women, we uplift and enrich each other and those few days we spend each year are great though they have never been enough.
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chi, u truly are luck to have these ladies, I have followed ur journey since med school and am glad they are still in your life. Your son is so grown. Stay blessed dear

Mrs. K said...

Hey chichi your kiddos are so beautiful. That little girl of yours is drop dead gorgeous and your little boy is such a handsome fella. I just want to hug them. It's great that you keep in touch with these ladies. Very awesome to see women supporting and uplifting each other.

HoneyDame said...

Beautiful children! Is all of that Baby Girl's hair?! Goodness me!

Toinlicious said...

Your girl is so beautiful and your son has an adorable smile :D

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

How awesome is your bond with those ladies! It is so nice to see women connect and stay in touch. I also love that they are so accommodating to your families needs and moved the yearly trip from NYC to kansas and then to Florida. True friends are truly life's gems!

Nenyenwa said...

Thanks!!! :)

Nenyenwa said...

Thanks! No but most of it is....those are yarn braids I don't like to put beads on her real hair but she loves them and that is how we compensate lol

Nenyenwa said...

Thank u :)

Nenyenwa said...

Yes I agree. I feel so lucky...every year I doubt it will work but they always find away. As they tell me the trip will not be the same without me :)

Lovelyladyjb said...

Your babies are so cute, and looks like you had a blast with your friends! I am lucky all my girlfriends live in the same city as me!

Adaeze Writes said...

Aww...Chinenye you are so blessed to have the feel of true friendship. Thanks for sharing,(will now start gathering my friends for our own girlfriend getaway)

Pegster said...

Oh wow, the kids are so big.

Sounds like such a fun time with your girlfriend. It's nice to have such good friend that you can spend time with often.