Thursday, July 11, 2013

Working Mama


Hope you have all been well. So I am back to work and truthfully it was hard to come back, but as soon as I got in the groove of things  I realized very quickly that I do enjoy being a 'working mama'.  Yup! it makes me focus at work so that I can run home to my babies.  Yesterday I was due to pump so I had a nursing cover, and pumped while I drove home from work, and at the same time I was taking calls from the hospital staff on my earpiece.  We still eat home cooked meals in our house prepared mostly by me (phew! I was concerned about that). Anyways, when I arrived home baby girl topped it up by running to give me her biggest embrace with a loud "Mama! I luh u!"

It is amazing how much of a difference it is going from a mama of one to a mama of two, I am mastering giving both kids attention including my husband (work-in-progress); I feel like I am not as readily available to my friends and family; I've also felt that I have less time for myself but oddly enough it rarely bothers me; I've  felt like I have learned to exercise any and every time that I have with the children; I now feel that the time in the day is too short for me; I've cheated on several occasions on my children's bed time so that I can play with them; I've felt like my priorities have changed, and before I had no time for drama but now I do not tolerate or allow it at all; we always have guests at my house (b-day, baby shower, birth ....) so I am increasingly enjoying hosting; I have less time to exercise (open to tips).

My phone and is planning skills has become one of my best pals, if that appointment is not on my phone I forget it all together;  I have had less time for blogging; or even writing in my children's journal;  Baby girl has also taught me a lot of patience and I am teaching her about boundaries ; she is a 2 year old that came with the package deal- by that I mean all of the challenges that comes with discipline.

Cheers to you all! And I will come back soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best with the juggling!

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

Sounds like you are adjusting well to being a mama of two. The calendar is so essential. I'd be lost without mine!

Ivie9ja said...

As for the exercise I've come accross a few articles that suggest that during play with the children that you incorporate certain movements as well as playful tactics with the children as weights so to speak lol and it allows you to burn calories while spending your usual mommy time with them. Burning a few calories with thier dad is also advised (I'm just quoting the article) lol

Nenyenwa said...

thanks everyone @Ivie9ja I have been trying to do that more

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick
question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Cheers!

my web site - pregnancy test online