Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hair at our house

Hair is such a dreaded event at our house.  Mama has that thick hair and baby girl's hair seems to be headed towards that direction.  These days I am more creative with baby girl's hair but have little to no creativity when it comes to mine. Partly because I am pregnant and tired.

I asked God not to give me all girls mostly because I visited my cousin who has 3 girls with a lot of hair and that my friends terrified me.  Baby is as tender headed as me and so we often do things that must last 2 weeks and if more great.  Below are some of baby's hair growth over 9 months.

08/2012

I have mostly used Yarn to Braid her hair

We use satin caps in our house





Twist out

Christmas day

Sometimes we leave it alone (but rarely)


2 ponytails (2/2013)





Most recent hair- with African thread and it has lasted the longest


Me with my hair straightened 12/2012 - one year natural


I mostly just do twists and twist out, my hair is usually not as creative.

8 comments:

Okeoghene said...

Awww she is growing so fast and you are doing a great job with all the hairstyles. Aint you lucky she sits down for all of them, even the yarn braids? Keep it up. My 4 year old loves the African threading and if she has her way that is the only hairstyle she will have.

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

Good job with baby girls hair! I love the threading. My mom use to do it to my hair when I was younger. It's a very efficient protective hairstyle for little ones.

Myne said...

Your hair is amazing, and your little one's hair is cute, and with girls you can always add colorful ribbons and clips :)

Nenyenwa said...

@Okeoghene she doesn't quite sit for it, I have to chase her around; and yes she does prefer the African threading and as pregnant as I am now I do to.
@Amy It is very efficient, her hair grew so much when I took out the first one
@Myne thats so true about the colorful ribbons ... I do that a lot

Adaeze Writes said...

Love the hairstyles. I have always loved your long hair

The AnnMarie John said...

Your daughter's hair is beautiful. I've been trying to find products that work in my own daughters hair.

Nenyenwa said...

@ada thanks
@growing up Madison so true, my baby G hair is still a work in progress

Nenyenwa said...

thanks for stopping by