Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Bday To Me

Today is my bday I turned twenty- something; lets just say I'm still a few years from 30.  Some of you should already know my age lol. Anyways my bday was a good day and I got so many calls from loved ones and my crazy little brother who stole my bday 2 years later :) This morning, I told baby girl that today was mummy's bday and she gave me a kiss (what a sweetheart) -I doubt she understood what I said and I'm very sure it was one of her random kisses but it worked at that very moment and it was everything that I needed to start my day.
When I arrived to work I met a surprise party with lots of yummy filipino dishes and cake.  I also got to run home for a quick minute to nurse baby and shower her with loads and loads of kisses.  I heard from the sweet hubby multiple times throughout the day via text. And got to return home early to spend some time with baby girl; she always seem to know exactly what to do to multiply my happiness.  After she went to bed I went and dug out a diary I wrote of the things I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 30 and I have to say I am proud of myself because I have hit almost all of them.  
To name a few (some are very childish considering I wrote them when I was in my teens and some are just a tad personal to share) ... I became a Medical Doctor in my tee weeny twenties, married that same year, completed residency, managed to become a mama and made it to my home country 3 times which is way more than I ever thought considering my career choice.  Though I have accomplished many a great things, and did it all with God's strength through prayer, every year I ask myself the same question and each year it is the same answer.  I wonder if I am doing enough to accomplish heaven.  Thanks for reading and Stay Blessed!

9 comments:

Natural Nigerian said...

Happy Birthday...many more happy ones ahead!

Natural Nigerian said...

Happy Birthday. Many more happy ones ahead!

Chi said...

Happy birthday to you and many more sweet blessings your way...

Myne said...

Happy birthday in arrears and I wish you even more achievements

Gbemisoke said...

Happy belated birthday :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! About doing enough to make heaven; we could never as humans do enough and that is why it is by Grace. Accept Jesus and the Holy Spirit helps us to live for Him all our days; His Grace is sufficient for us now and in the world to come.

Alicia said...

Wow... you certainly accomplished a great deal! How inspiring! Happy belated birthday... and cheers to many, many more! xoxo

Nenyenwa said...

thanks everyone!

Don said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

I like where you speak of having done all things w/ God's strength and prayer which, by the way, also speaks of how black men and women can change contrasting mentalities.

re: my blog post you commented