Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To My Dearly Beloved

"Love is the emblem of eternity, it confounds all notion of time, effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end".
Quoted by: Germaine De Stael

I think the above quote summarizes us.  What ya think?  
Remember this date last two years- all the craziness we went through was finally behind us.  We danced it all away at our traditional wedding celebration.  I remember people could not comprehend what got to me, I couldn't stop dancing, I was so happy to be finally Mrs. J. E.  Boy! even those shoes, as painful as they were, couldn't even stop me from dancing, everything just seemed so complete on that day.  After the celebration, I felt a little sad leaving my birth home, most especially leaving Mama Nawgu but I was so excited to finally see my new home. The place that molded you to become the wonderful man that you are today.  I wanted to meet everyone that you told me about, it was an odd feeling too because we've talked so much that I felt so close to all of your relatives even before I met them.  Meeting your family was definitely something, everyone thought I looked just like Da Getu, and teased Mama & Papa for bringing home one of their own.  
I enjoyed seeing your smile everytime you introduced me to your family and friends.  And everytime you will turn around and say "Ndaa'm, ke ki mere?" I have come to the realization that your happiness in this friendship, love, and marriage is essential to my own happiness.  You are truly my best friend, and you are God sent to me.  I am thankful that you found me to pester for the rest of our dear lives. :)  Everything seems like yesterday, but 2 wonderful years have gone by and many more to come.  Hurry home lets celebrate.  Love and cheers to a happy marriage.

Happy Anniversary, 
The Ensign's wifey!

No comments: