Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Today is amazing for me. A colored US citizen competes for presidency. We have come a long way ...fighting to not have to sit at the back of the bus, to attend the same schools, to worship in the same building etc. You know even if he (i.e. Obama) doesn't win, this is already a change. God has led us this far and is trying to tell the whole world something- maybe we should learn from it.
For me, I never saw so much racism until I moved to the United States and daily I live with it. People trying to guess where I'm from because I made it this far in my career or because of my morals. Or people looking down on me until they know my status. I refuse to distinguish myself until asked. I associate with the other staff including the janitors because they are human beings like me- you know when we all are in heaven, I know none of these things will matter. So why not begin to change things now.
Like I said ...today is already a blessing and a change for me not to talk of other people who never thought or dreamt of a day so beautiful.

No comments: